We have range of resources on our cloud based forum storage area:
- "How to do" sheets. Advice sheets on easy compliance with NOS and other standards.
- Sample forms and handouts for use with clients.
- Sample session planning forms to help new therapists plan sessions and courses of assistance.
- Sample relaxation and healing "scripts" for your reference
- Access to an advice email system for professional questions and enquiries. As well as SHTC staff, there are just under 100 members on our forum who may be able to assist with your query.
- Sample MP3 recordings for sessions and reference
Available to members:
- Access to (charged for) supervision. This will be provided according to individual needs as identified in the NOS you adhere to. This facility will expand as additional accredited supervisors come online.
- Logos, Banners and Kite Marks that you can use (subject to adherence to the simple rules) on stationary and websites to show professional membership, monitoring and NOS committment. These are on the cloud storage area.
- Members have access to three block insurance schemes, one for members with practical training, two for distance learning only trained members
Counsellors and psychotherapists
Members with a level 4 qualification are invited to apply for membership with the International Society of Professional Counsellors who recognise members with level 4 qualifications in counselling and or psychotherapy. In the event of future HPC regulation of counselling and psychotherapy it may be an advantage to be a member of a dedicated counselling body such as the ISPC, since this may enable direct transfer over to the HPC, or access to the grandparenting scheme for transfer.
Please note that membership certificates should be accompanied by professional insurance certificates for your client's reference. On leaving the SHTC membership certificates must be returned, although a photocopy should be retained for your records and any portfolio of achievement. Your SHTC membership is invalid if you do not hold insurance cover.
If you are applying for a practitioner grade membership, but will not be in practice yet, or are taking a break from practice, you can be issued with a "uninsured practitioner completing study leave" certificate. This means you can benefit from membership and it's facilities and begin to build seniority, but will not be pressured to gain insurance until actually practicing.
Register of Members Now that our Data Protection Policy is updated in line with new legislation, we are launching the Register of Independent General and Holistic Therapists. This is in progress and will complete over the course of 2018.